So here's the idea...

So here's the idea...

This blog is the beginning of an experiment. I've been working idly on the fantasy world of Maeleff for a few months, typing on my phone during subway rides, and I think I may have the beginnings of something here. However, I'm lazy and bad at following through with things, so I'd like help.

Specifically, I'd like to turn this idea into an open world fictional universe. My friends and creative folk will be invited to peruse the information I have on the world, and to play with it. Write characters. Write stories. Add races, city-states, monsters and ancient ruins. I'd like to write stories, role play, and generally allow my friends to help me explore and create a rich, if someone forbidding, fantasy world.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Personnel with the Office of Causal Whatever I Called It





Oversight. Causal Oversight. That's it.

Racine Zed
Human female, 70 years old. Long and varied career, including merchant, smuggler, pirate, fence, and for the last 30 years, the captain of the Nails.
Tall (though getting a bit bent now with age), and still deceptively tough. Gray hair, hazel eyes. Still strong, though fighting off a bit of a gut. You can tell that she was once mildly pretty, if not outstandingly so, still has a very commanding presence.
Sarcastic sense of humor. Wickedly smart. Good with secrets, and nobody can be said to know all or even most of the projects and agents she is running at any point in time.
Tinkered with a bit of alchemy in the past, but has avoided the Blood.
Commands great respect from her people, who also (very reasonably) fear her.
Two husbands plus a Sava lover, three children, seven grandchildren. Has apartments within the trade quarter, as well as a modest estate outside the city walls.


Kepli Thikt Sen
Male Shar, Blooded Mage, and a close advisor to Zed, who is the only person in the Office who is aware that he is blooded. String willed, he has so far avoided any physical changes from the Blood, but it had started to affect his mind. Friends have noted that he is getting more paranoid and insular. Small, with blue and black stripes.

Taen Shalun Marithire Ru'Halena ma Sheer (Tall red blossom in the outer reaches of the high forest)
Called "Taen" by most non-Aelth, or "Red" by friends.
Female Aelth, former scout and mercenary with a Traveller's Society, joined customs and the Office about ten years ago, recruited by Zed. Thin, deep yellow skin, red hair and eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment